There’s a reason why lawyers hate courtroom dramas. We’ve all seen the scene where a team stays up all night combing through the file room to have that amazing moment at the crack of dawn where they find just the document they needed. There are two things wrong with that scene.
- It would never actually happen. If something is misfiled, it’s gone. Sorry.
- A modern law firm would have all of those records scanned and digitized. It would take all of two seconds to do a search for the needed documents.
But what if your firm is still hanging onto a giant room of papers because you just don’t have the time to devote to all that scanning? It’s time to outsource the project. Here are three reasons why:
- Find what you need, fast – No more combing through boxes to search for a piece of paper that may not have even been filed correctly.
- Be prepared for a disaster – A fire can eliminate all of those files in an instant. Digital files can be backed up offsite to ensure redundancy during a disaster.
- Privacy and security – Someone needs far more skills to hack into a computer system than to break into a storage room to grab a folder of confidential documents.
Digital Data Solutions and File Conversion for Law Firms
At Precedent Legal Services, we offer the digital solutions that southern California law firms need. To learn more about how we can help streamline your firm, give us a call today at 619-550-1589, or request a quote for our services online.